Friday 14 February 2014

LOVE IS IN THE AIR ;)

My heart started pounding as he stopped the engine. It was the umpteenth time I was telling myself to calm down, " It's not the first time. Stop thumping." I knew, we knew it wasn't the first time but that little anxiety was all clear on our faces. May be it is the 'special evening effect' :p
He held the car's door open for me like a gentleman. I couldn't help staring at him, why was he charming like a prince tonight! We made our way into the restaurant and in no matter of time I started feeling uneasy seeing the crowd and repeating the thought, " how is it gonna be the 'special' evening." :\ Everything, everyone at their best in front of me, and my clumsiness at its peak. Will it be a candle lit dinner on a corner table? How am I going to pass all those eyes? What if I trip? I am already having a hard time dealing with these heels- all thanks to my friends! With all these cobwebbed thoughts in my head, I felt the whispers of that melodious voice, "this way" he pointed in a direction away from the swarm. He held my hand as we walked through the hallway ( thank god, he did, now my chances of tripping down are a bit reduced :p ) We stopped near the lift only to be accompanied by a steward to take us to somewhere, I didn't know. The way both the lads exchanged smiles, I can sense that everything was pre-planned. I was trying my best to be in composure. I was struggling for everything- first the date effect, the high heels, LBD, my hair, yes everything. I wish I could fit in my good ol' jeans and my sneakers. Heels are not my thing. But when you have fashion oriented friends plus you are apparently on a date, then be ready to carry yourself up. " The place is all yours, sir. Enjoy the night.", the handsome steward said with a smile way too before we even reached our destination. And finally the gate opens, I could feel the wind making way through my styled(read tangled, by now) tresses. "Thank you!", my boy said to the steward with a smile, the smile for which I would give up on the world. No, seriously I would ;) Yet again, he held my hand, this time his fingers gripped mine while my heart slammed against my ribs. We stepped into darkness with a sudden switching of the lights. I was bewitched, lost, amused, surprised that it took me a full minute or more to assimilate what all laid before my eyes. With slow, cool wind playing with my hair, how couldn't I understand. Damn! the place is literally ours, away from the crowded swarm, away from the clumsiness, away from the whole city; a very personal space i could have thought of! A personalized terrace restaurant - just for the two of us! <3
to be continued... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment