Tuesday 15 October 2013

DO WHAT YOUR HEART SAYS

By SAKSHI CHAUDHARY

Weekend at home! :) Sumptuous food being offered, me being treated as an eminent guest in my own home, full day-night rest. Wow! Now, what else can be better than this! But, in between all this aristrocratic, regal treatment, one question keeps haunting me, which is, "What next?" Yes, "What next? It's less than two years of your graduation left now, so, What next?" I do have a lot of answers, I want to say a lot as I have lot many plans on my mind, but eventually I decide staying quiet, keeping my mouth mum. Why? Because somewhere inside I know they won't stand by me with this decision of mine. I am scared to tell them what I really want to choose as they want me to choose something else. So, should I sacrifice my dreams because my parents are scared for me to choose the path I have decided to? Should I stop following my heart?
Well, I guess I am not the only one going through this situation. Now, imagine, this day will start out like any other day. You'll be eating, working or jogging: when an idea pops into your head: a grand idea: it might be related to your future, your career thing, or to go somewhere great or to do something crazy. But, you'll dismiss it like you've a thousand other outlandish ideas and would take it as just another dream and would get back to your work. But that idea keep following you, it keeps coming back. It has landed itself in your mind and its tendrils are wrapping themselves around you, tightening your brain, your body and your heart. Everyday you try to get rid of that idea by distracting yourself, getting into other ideas to which your heart won't hopelessly attach itself. You keep giving thousand of reasons for not to think about it. You spin all the unneccessary webs and foolishly congratulate yourself on being mature. You often do this, right? This is the most impossible thing on earth most of us find to do, that is: to follow our heart! Yes, to follow our heart.
Following your heart means actually doing what your entire body and mind are begging you to do, no matter what the risk or consequences are. Doing so, you could lose something. You could squander your savings. You could get emotionally hurt. Now, lets take it this way: After following your heart, you'll definately gain something more. Savings, money: Cummon, who cares? It comes and goes! Getting emotionally hurt, you would get emotionally strong. And there you're. You find yourself in the place of risk and possibility of mustering the courage and fighting like hell to hold onto it. At first sight, everything seems complicated, difficult, doubtful; but in keeping calm and listening to your heart, moving in the right direction, you'll get a way. You start figuring out all the statistics of your plan. You convince yourself you're not giving up, just putting it on hold. You are proud for yourself. The agony of the past dissipates and you feel relaxed. Content. Because at the end of the day it's not the money that you earn is important, infact, it's the satisfaction and contentment in your life.
I was so inspired by that movie called '3 idiots'. I remember the sequence when Farhan goes to his father and how inventively he explains him why he want to follow his dream. That's what tells us that it's never too late to listen to your heart and follow your dreams.
I have a very good friend of mine who's actually doing what she always wanted to. It's not that her life is unambiguous, it's actually very challenging. But, yes, she knows what and how to plan out things for herself. She's in love with the life she's chosen, for she followed her heart. :)
You should never get scared of listening to your heart as it's said : 'The Cost of not following your heart, is spending the Rest of your life Wishing you had."  Follow your heart people! An amazing thing happens when you get honest with yourself and start doing what you love, what makes you happy. Your life literally slows down. You stop wishing for weekend. You begin to live in each moment. You just ride the wave that is life. A veil is lifted and a new perspective is born. When I began writing this, I stated that am scared of conveying my perspective, but as am coming to the end I myself feeling so light, filled up with a distinguishable sensation and zest. :) Your LIFE is the best gift of god. He's has left upon you, how to make the best out of it. Keep living life! Keep following your heart! :)  <3

4 comments:

  1. Hear your heart to hone your hidden skills.... 😊👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. True!! Follow ur heart and you will never regret :) beautifully expressed :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awsum and vry true :)
    Following our heart atlst wont make us regret things we did!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaah !! the very first line...."sumptuous food being offered" :D :D Well...we cud better understand d importance of 'Being Offered' :P :D
    now...coming to d beautifully written topic....wat i feel is...one should never be scared of telling their parent wat they reallly want in their life.
    Every parent wants their child to have MORE and BETTER !!! :) :) we should thank our parents fr all they hve done fr us..then stop listening to dem & start listening to ur heart ! ;) ;) :D
    And gal...i jst luv d way u express urself ! <3

    ReplyDelete