Saturday 5 October 2013

DRESS TO LOOK TALL

Yesterday , like any other boring day , while leaving my class after dispersal I came across this girl who was struggling to walk coherently. At first I thought , may be the load of the books which she was carrying in her arms made her stumble ( foolish me ! :P)  Then I suddenly realized that was not the books but the heels , almost 3-4 inches of heels , which she wore on a normal college day!!! :O
Thinking to myself , aren't these heels too long to be worn on such an ordinary day?! , I subconsciously uttered , "What made you wear such high heels?". "What???" , was all she could utter with a perplexed face  bemused by my question. A little embarrassed , I tried to sneak out of this awkward moment as she said "sorry?". As she stood there a little shocked I continued "Err..I mean there is nothing special in the college today , I guess , so why these?" emphasizing on the height of heels. She gave me a look which clearly stated who the hell I am to ask!! Ofcourse , who the hell I was to ask , silly me!! I again tried to sneak out of this now-getting-more-awkward situation when she asked in a low voice "What do you think make girls wear heels?". The answer was obvious. " THEIR DISPARATE LOVE FOR THE HEELS!". "But that is not the only reason" , she explained , " especially for the girls like me , you know " .
After scanning her from head to toe, like fools :P , I finally understood the reason she was talking about. she would be merely five feet tall. And just to look tall she was struggling with those high heels. This made me ruminate over the fact : ARE HEELS THE ONLY OPTION TO COMPENSATE YOUR HEIGHT? Or there is something more that can make you look taller?!
So , I dis some click-click (research) on google and here I am with some great tips for you all .
(These are not my personal views but this is what the experts and the designers have to say. So you can rely on the tips :P )
Read on to enhance your already great personality :)


  • WEAR VERTICAL STRIPES :  Anything that elongates your height is a good thing. Vertical stripes help extend the look of a shorter body. Patterns such as pinstripe , chalkstipe and herringbone also give the " vertical effect ".
  • DO NOT GO SHORT : Wearing short sleeved clothing and shorts draws attention to your limbs and makes you look shorter. Go for linen trousers and lightweight long sleeve shirts that you can roll up on the forearm during hotter months ;)
  • WAIST IT : Ditch the hipster pants and jeans to feign longer legs. Wearing pants down on the hips makes your legs look stubby. Just wear the waistband of your pants higher or at the natural waist to look taller.
  • MONOCHROME IT : Discarding contrasting colours from your appearance helps streamline your look. Keep all your clothes within a consistent colour theme to look tall. You can opt for bright colours too , as long as you wear the same hue from top to bottom.

This was a small piece of information I shared with you all. Hope you get benefited :)
Any kind of suggestions or queries are most welcome. :)

35 comments:

  1. The post is realy worth reading...wil implement some tips...;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No to high heels now! When i hv bttr alternatives. Thanks to melange box! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you so much..yes implement them and you will notice the difference :) do let me know how many compliments u get ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes sakshi chaudhary you can always opt for better alternatives :) thanks for appreciating

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really a beneficial post for short height people like me. Looking forward for more articles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Article shows a lot of hardwork and reserach has been done! Well done shivangi! (Y) suggestions are really helpfull! Will implement them surely! Keep on posting such articles! Being 5'6 and having friends with avg height 6 I need such tips! :-p

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you abhilasha :) I hope to live upto my readers' expectations

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really appreciate your work on this article Shivangi!...kudos :) and according to me the best make up a girl can wear is her smile, the best high heels is her confidence and the best clothes she can wear is her attitude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true yuvi..i totally agree with you :D and thank you for appreciating :)

      Delete
  9. I wear high heels just to add a few inches to my height and they irritate me a lot. Thanks for showing me this alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wear high heels just to add a few inches to my height and they irritate me a lot. Thanks for showing me this alternative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be more than happy ankita if this comes to your rescue ;) :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks to u shivangi.......u wrote pretty well.....n of course say no to heels(Y):-)...i would definitely say no to it..:-):-)

      Delete
  11. Ohh the best part of ur write up was..it touched our aching nerve.. Th eternal struggle to carry "heels".. No matter hw much we deny..i knw,being a girl, we envy a good height n a
    Slim figure.. Your click click was definitely worth giving my minutes.. Looking forward to ur anothr write up... I hope, it wud b on how to look slimmer..and with numerous suggestns..
    ps: I loved th beginning..so very real..!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx a lot neha :) surely I will try to write on that topic soon..:D

      Delete
  12. Thanks to u shivangi.......u wrote pretty well......n definitely dere z a big no to high heels from my side:-):-).....it left me wid a positive feel....:-):-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you simran :) I am happy you liked it :D

      Delete
  13. i jst lvd readin this articl..really wrth reading..:D

    ReplyDelete
  14. it was indeed a useful bit of information for o'crse a major chunk of girls.. great job! :) (y)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Worth reading.....keep it up..!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Worth reading.....keep it up..!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. definitely going to suggest it to my girl friend

    ReplyDelete
  18. quite simple n easy to follow...
    thanks yr....it vl aid both prblms- height n heels...:-P:-D

    ReplyDelete
  19. dats really amazing !!! "say no to heels" hahahhaha :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. @shivangi .after reading up the above blog ,a song suddenly strikes in the my mind ,
    HIGH HEELS by honey singh ..must listen

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tkgad9gngOQ

    I AM SURE ,U GET LOT MANY MORE STUFFS REGARDING HIGH HEELS IN IT :).

    BUT, ON THE SERIOUS NOTE ,THIS REALLY IS A VERY NICE ATTEMPT .(Y)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I know the song piyush ;) and thanks a lot :)

      Delete
  21. Great article! Although I am 5'6", I still like the idea of wearing my jeans higher on my waist. I am curvy and can still look short. Lol

    These are great ideas, especially since wearing heels is tremendously bad for your knees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is bad for kneees and makes lower portion heavy..i guess nobody wants that ;) and thank you for appreciating Amanda :D

      Delete